Working as part of the team at the CCG we have a dedicated resource involved in supporting commissioners with their approaches and delivery of relevant engagement (or consultation) activity.
Our Engagement Strategy
How we engage and communicate with members of the public is set out in our communication and engagement strategy.
We’re very keen to engage and involve the public in our work. We want you to have the opportunity to be fully involved in the decisions we take and want to make sure that the idea of ‘no decision about me, without me’ becomes the way we routinely work.
We do this in the following ways:
- Listening and learning about your own experiences as a patient or a carer
- Asking you what you think about local health services
- Listening to what you think works well, and what doesn’t
- Informing you about current developments
- Involving you in the decisions we have to make
- Showing you how your views have helped shape local health services
We want to know how people would like to be involved in the development and work of the clinical commissioning group and how they can influence decisions in the future.
Engagement Activity Reports
Engagement Activities are taking place on an on-going basis with patients, partners and stakeholders where required. The CCG engagement team reports this activity to the Governing Body on a quarterly basis. Our engagement reports will appear here.