As well as the consultations and engagement opportunities that we have available, there are other statutory organisations who regularly offer local people a chance to have their say on health services. As a Clinical Commissioning Group, we work closely with local Healthwatch and partner NHS organisations and you are able to learn more about them and their current engagement opportunities below:
Local Healthwatch are independent organisations who act as champions for people who use health and social care services. Their purpose is to understand the needs, experiences and concerns of these people and to speak out on their behalf. A local Healthwatch exists in every local authority area in the country. Across the Tees Valley, we have five local Healthwatch organisations:
- Healthwatch Darlington
- Healthwatch Hartlepool
- Healthwatch Middlesbrough and Healthwatch Redcar and Cleveland (jointly commissioned as Healthwatch South Tees)
- Healthwatch Stockton-on-Tees
You can engage with Healthwatch organisations by using the ‘Have Your Say’ function on their website*, accessing their Information and Signposting Service* or taking part in a specific engagement activity they are running. Visit their websites to find out more.
*These services might not be available in all localities.
Clinical Research Network
There is a broad range of clinical research happening in the Tees Valley area and new participants are always welcome. This could be something as simple as completing an online questionnaire on anxiety and depression to trying a new medicine for COPD. To find out more about what research is going on in your GP Practice contact your Surgery directly. Alternatively, you can visit the Be Part of Research website which is a service that makes it easy for the public to learn about and search for research studies. Discover how research studies are designed, what happens when you decide to take part and the importance of taking part. You can:
- Use the search tool to find current research studies happening right now
- Find studies taking place near you
- Filter results easily by age, health condition etc
- Use the site on desktop or mobile
- Download, save or print the full study details so you can talk to your doctor, nurse or healthcare professional
- Once you’ve found a study, you can see all the details including who to contact and ask to take part.
Whether you have been diagnosed with a condition or not, everyone can take part in research. Find a study that’s right for you.